Bull rider Jared Parsonage has always had hopes of climbing over the yellow bucking chutes at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, but it wasn’t until this year that he found himself in that position near the end of the season.
Over the last two weeks, Parsonage has climbed from outside the Top 15 to ninth in the PRCA | RAM World Standings, firmly in the NFR mix with $89,232 earned so far in 2022.
A big reason for his boost in the standings was his first-place finish at the Moses Lake (Wash.) Round-Up Rodeo, Aug. 20. His 87.5-point ride on Corey & Lange Rodeo’s Yee Haw earned him $6,655.
“I guess for me it just comes down to going to more rodeos this year,” said Parsonage, 29. “I’ve never really gone to very many rodeos in my career. This year it started with some good luck up in Canada and then down here in the states this summer. The month of August has been really good to me.”
In the first three weeks of August, the Maple Creek, Sask., cowboy has earned $13,287. He thought what better time than now to chase his goal of qualifying for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo.
“It feels like I almost stumbled into this position with what I’ve won here and there throughout the year,” he said. “So, I figured why not give it a go. I think a guy would regret it if he didn’t try.”
And if he’s able to punch his ticket to the Wrangler NFR in the next few weeks he said it would check a big box off on his to-do list.
“It would be super exciting. It’s something a guy always wants to do in their bull riding career, and it would be dang sure good to get it done sooner rather than later,” said Parsonage.
Below, are the other cowboys who moved inside the Top 15 of the PRCA | RAM World Standings.
- Bull rider Jared Parsonage moved in the standings from 16th to ninth.
- Saddle bronc rider Dawson Hay went from 21st to 15th.
- Steer wrestler Tanner Brunner jumped up from 14th to ninth.
- Team roping heeler Trey Yates leaped from 20th to 15th.
- Saddle bronc rider Lefty Holman moved from 10th to sixth.
- Tie-down roper Macon Murphy went up in the standings from 17th to 13th.
- Team roping heeler Patrick Smith jumped from 13th to ninth.
- Team roping header Tyler Wade leaped up from 17th to 13th.
- Bareback rider Tilden Hooper moved from 17th to 14th.
- Bull rider Trevor Kastner went from 15th to 12th.
- Saddle bronc rider Zeke Thurston jumped in the standings from eighth to fifth.
- Team roping header Tanner Tomlinson leaped from 12th to ninth.
- Steer wrestler Trell Etbauer moved up from 17th to 15th.
- Steer roper Garrett Hale went from 16th to 14th.
- Bull rider Trey Holston jumped from 13th to 11th.
- Team roping heeler Jake Long leaped in the standings from fourth to second.
- Bareback rider Tanner Aus moved up from eighth to seventh.
- Bareback rider Leighton Berry went from 12th to 11th.
- Bareback rider Ty Breuer jumped from 16th to 15th.
- Tie-down roper John Douch leaped up from third to second.
- Tie-down roper Zack Jongbloed moved in the standings from sixth to fifth.
- Bull rider Trey Kimzey went from seventh to sixth.
- Steer roper Cody Lee jumped up from sixth to fifth.
- Steer roper Taylor Santos leaped from 10th to ninth.
- Saddle bronc rider Kolby Wanchuk moved from 11th to 10th.
- Tie-down roper Riley Webb went up in the standings from 16th to 15th.
- Bull rider Creek Young jumped from ninth to eighth.
On The Bubble
- Team roping header Cory Kidd V leaped up from 20th to 16th and is $1,312 outside of the Top 15.
Article Courtesy of PRCA
Photo By: Bobby Rosales